Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hey Pumpkin! ;-)

     It's officially fall! I actually can't believe it's already October. So many life-changing events have happened this year...who knows what the rest of the year will bring (hopefully a fantastic job & a cozy apartment). As of last week, I have joined my mother and most of my immediate family in E-town, PA. It's a quaint little town with charm and sweet character.

     It didn't take long for my mom and I to find a farmer's market and lunch at a precious chocolate cafe. I am definitely in chocolate land - Hershey, PA is just around the corner. In fact, when I step out of my mom's apartment, the aroma of chocolate tickles my nose...I'm okay with it! :-)

     While we were exploring the farmer's market, we stumbed across a Long-Neck Pumpkin...we of course happily bought it in hopes of making yummy treats and desserts!

LongNeckPumpkin...to be made into pumpkin puree!

First step - peel the pumpkin...this takes quite the energy, believe it or not!

.process of cutting...

.and de-seeding.

.Cut into 1-inch pieces to steam until soft.
.Once the pumpkin is soft, blend in a blender to make pumpkin puree.
     
     My longneck pumpkin made 7 cups of pumpkin puree! Woohoo! Lots of desserts to be made in the very near future. I put some in the freezer for later use in the season, but also left some in the fridge to make goodies in the next week or so. I'll keep you posted on how I choose to use the fruits of my labor! :-)

     Thanks for being a loyal reader...please let me know if you ever have any questions or need food advice. I'm your gal! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment